Monday, December 29, 2008

God is more interested in changing your heart, than he is in changing your circumstances. He has been showing me that in many ways over the past several weeks. It can be very painful, but it is for our good. My prayer today is that God would have "His way" in my spirit and in my heart and in the hearts of my husband and children. It is not easy to see the flaws of character in ones self or to feel the weight of your own imperfections, but it is alot heavier to carry those flaws and it is God's grace that reveals the things in us that need to change and He is faithful to helps us succeed if we humble ourselves before Him and let Him mold us. Some times God draws us aside to a place of aloneness to accomplish such a task. I pray for all that may be in this place today. I pray for complete freedom from anything that binds us and keeps us from the perfect peace God intends us to live in.

On another note, in response to Pastor Kings reading of "A tale of three Kings" last night, my New Years resolution is to not be a "spear thrower." A lofty goal, but I want to conquer any tendencies toward both the character's of Saul and Absalom.
"God give me a pure heart" is my prayer.
Psalm 51
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

No comments: