Wednesday, February 04, 2009


Pastor King's message tonight about keeping our priorities right brought back this post written by Sis. Elms. It went deep into my heart. I do not want to have the attitude of a sloucher. Read it here.
Slouching in the pew

This scripture jumped out at me tonight as I read my daily Bible reading. It showed how important respecting authority and God's order of things is to Him. Even though the pharisees were not doing right, Jesus still told the disciples to obey them, because of the office they held. He told them to obey,but not to act like them.

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

Tina, thank you for referencing my blog. I appreciate it! I know of one person who has come to visit me because of you doing this. Have a great weekend, and enjoy that Sunday dinner!